Company Name: Speak
Location: San Francisco, CA
Nature of Business: AI Language Learning
Funding Raised: $16M in Series B-2 round, bringing the total to $63M
Lead Investor: Lachy Groom
- OpenAI Startup Fund
- Drew Houston (Dropbox Founder)
- Arash Ferdowsi (Dropbox Founder)
- [Plus other major existing investors]
Purpose for Funds:
- Accelerate development of the AI Tutor
- Expand into new international markets
- Hire additional talent for support in new markets
Nature of Product/Service: Speak provides a language learning platform where users can converse freely and receive instantaneous feedback from an AI tutor.
Company Leadership: Connor Zwick, CEO
Speak began its journey by concentrating its efforts in South Korea, ensuring users had the best app experience. In 2023, the company took a bold step and began its international expansion. Now, Speak is available in over 20 countries, including Japan, Taiwan, Germany, France, Brazil, and Mexico. The platform offers a unique approach to language learning, allowing users to engage in any topic and gain immediate corrections and feedback from their AI tutor.