Company Name: PickNik Robotics
Location: Boulder, CO
Sector: Unstructured Robotics
Funding Details: Successfully secured $2M in a pre-seed funding round.
Investors: Leading this funding round were Stellar Ventures and Cypress Growth Capital. In addition to this investment, PickNik already boasts a notable $5M in non-dilutive SBIR funding contracts, courtesy of partnerships with NASA JSC, NASA Ames, and Space Force.
Purpose of Investment:
- The primary agenda for this funding is to enhance the capabilities of the robotics platform, MoveIt Studio. This cutting-edge platform equips any developer or engineer with the necessary tools to craft advanced applications for robotic arms.
- MoveIt Studio addresses a novel market segment in robotics – robots that operate beyond the confines of traditional manufacturing setups. The platform has already garnered widespread adoption, assisting in sophisticated tasks such as Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMR) facilitating in-situ bin picking, handling explosive ordnance for SWAT teams, and orchestrating futuristic space endeavors, like the autonomous offloading of cargo from space station supply capsules.
Leadership: Dave Coleman, CEO
Customers: Google, Amazon, Johnson & Johnson, Samsung, Hyundai, NASA, Sierra Space, Blue Origin, among others.
- PickNik Robotics is tackling an array of formidable challenges in the robotics domain, spanning various sectors including space, subsea, surgery, energy, AgTech, FoodTech, and personal robotics.
- Setting its sights beyond the boundaries of conventional factory-based robotics, PickNik has garnered immense respect and acknowledgment from industry heavyweights.
- Demonstrating exceptional versatility, the company collaborates with a myriad of robot brands and models, ranging from custom-built machinery to readily available off-the-shelf solutions, tailoring their services to address the unique requirements of each client.
Analysis: The substantial investment in PickNik Robotics accentuates the ever-growing significance and potential of robotics in diverse sectors. Beyond mere factory automation, robots are revolutionizing a myriad of industries, from space exploration to public safety. With platforms like MoveIt Studio, the bridge between complex robotic applications and developers is getting shorter, enabling rapid and innovative advancements in robotics.