Welcome to this week in AI funding news! It's Friday and summer is officially done.
This week we see a healthy amount of investments. In particular, Writer and Pryon raised $100M each. Healthtech and cybersecurity continue to be areas that raise funding.
The acquisition arena in particular is buzzing with activity.
Crowdstrike acquired Bionic.ai, while Logility's acquired Garvis to augment supply chain planning with large language models.
This week's sponsor:
DesignJoy - A design agency with a twist. Design subscriptions to scale your business
USA 🌎 :
- Voda.ai Receives Investment from Ferguson Ventures
Boston, MA - Provider of an AI-powered asset management solution for water and wastewater utilities, Voda.ai, received an investment from Ferguson Ventures.
- Day Zero Diagnostics Closes $16M Financing Round
Boston, MA - Infectious disease diagnostics company leveraging whole-genome sequencing and AI to combat the rise of antibiotic-resistant infections, Day Zero Diagnostics Inc., raised $16M in financing.
- Virtualness Raises Additional Funding
San Francisco, CA - A mobile-first platform powered by generative AI and blockchain, Virtualness, raised a funding round of an undisclosed amount.
- Giftpack Closes Funding Round
NYC - AI-powered corporate gifting platform provider, Giftpack AI, completed a seed funding round of an undisclosed amount.
- Pliable Raises $2.5M in Seed Funding
San Francisco, CA - Pliable, providing an AI-powered SaaS platform that simplifies data organization and utilization without an engineer, raised $2.4M in Seed funding.
- Catalyte Raises $1.5M in Funding
Baltimore, MD - Catalyte, a provider of an AI-powered, end-to-end reskilling platform, raised $1.5M in funding.
- Writer Raises $100M in Series B Funding
San Francisco, CA - Writer, a provider of a generative AI platform for enterprises, secured $100M in Series B funding.
- Series AI Raises $7.9M in Seed Funding
USA - Game technology and content company, Series AI, raised $7.9M in Seed funding.
- LastMile AI Raises $10M in Seed Funding
NYC, NY - LastMile AI, focused on creating an accessible and production-ready AI developer platform for software engineers, raised $10M in Seed funding.
- Learn.xyz Raises $3M in Seed Funding
San Francisco, CA - Generative AI learning startup, Learn.xyz, closed a $3M seed financing round.
- Aspinity Raises $5M in Series B Funding
Pittsburgh, PA - Provider of near-zero power AI solutions, Aspinity, raised $5M in Series B funding.
- Paxton Raises $6M in Seed Funding
Portland, OR - Generative AI legal assistant aiding law professionals with regulatory intelligence, Paxton, raised $6M in seed funding.
- Yurts Raises $16M in Series A Funding
San Francisco, CA - Provider of an enterprise-ready Generative AI platform connecting people at work, Yurts, raised $16M in Series A funding.
- HiddenLayer Raises $50M in Series A Funding
Austin, TX - Security provider for artificial intelligence (AI) models and assets, HiddenLayer, raised $50M in Series A funding.
- Pryon Closes $100M Series B Funding Round
Raleigh, NC - Specializing in bringing AI to knowledge management, Pryon, raised $100M in Series B funding.
- Discern Security Raises $3M in Seed Funding
Sunnyvale, CA - AI-driven policy management cybersecurity startup, Discern Security, raised $3M in Seed funding.
- Agrematch Receives Investment From ICL
Rehovot, IL - AI agriTech startup, Agrematch, secured an investment from global specialty minerals company, ICL Group (NYSE: ICL) (TASE: ICL).
- AskToSell Secures €100k in Pre-seed Funding - Vilnius,Lithuania - AI-driven sales automation platform for SMB deals.
- KYP.ai Raised EUR 17.5M in Series A Funding - Berlin, Germany - Provider of a data-driven insights platform for process automation, raised EUR 17.5M in Series A funding.
- Retail Robotics Solutions Raises €0.5M; Currently Valued at €8M - Paris, France - Provider of AI-driven self-service checkout solutions, raised €0.5M in funding.
- qbiq Raises $10M in Seed Funding - Tel Aviv, Israel - Provider of a generative AI and visualization platform for space planning, raised $10M in Seed funding.
- Corti Raises $60M in Series B Funding - Copenhagen, Denmark - Provider of an AI co-pilot for healthcare interactions, raised $60M in Series B funding.
- Crowdstrike Acquires Bionic.ai Austin, TX - Bionic has roots in Israel but is headquartered in Palo Alto. The acquisition was for $350M.
- SafeBase Acquires Stacksi
San Francisco, CA - Provider of a platform that aids security teams in automating the security review process, has acquired Stacksi, another San Francisco-based venture which provides an AI-powered security questionnaire automation platform.
- Logility Acquires Garvis
Atlanta, GA - Specializing in prescriptive supply chain planning solutions, Logility acquired Garvis, an Antwerp, Belgium-based SaaS startup combining large language models (ChatGPT) with AI-native demand forecasting.
- think-cell Acquires AskBrian
Berlin, Germany - Company specializing in productivity software for creating data-driven presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint acquired AskBrian, a firm specializing in applied AI for business professionals.
- Bynder Acquires EMRAYS
Amsterdam, The Netherlands - Digital asset management platform provider acquired EMRAYS, a specialist provider of AI search solutions for digital asset management.
- Akeneo Acquires Unifai
Boston, MA - Product experience (PX) company and provider of product information management (PIM) solutions, Akeneo, acquired Unifai, a Paris, France-based provider of an AI data platform.
Enjoying weekly funding news?